It’s cold, dry and quite wintry out there! Keep a rosy glow in your cheeks without the dry, uncomfortable feeling that comes with bitter, chilly air – banish dry skin with these 5 winter skincare tips…
- Start with moisture! Skin hydration is critical year-round, but especially during the summer. Moisturize more often than usual, such as throughout your day at work. And look for moisturizers that are oil-based with non-clogging oils such as avocado oil, mineral oil, primrose oil, or almond oil.
- Protect your hands. With all of the things we put our hands through on a regular basis, it can be easy to forget to give them the love they need. Did you know that the skin on your hands is actually thinner than most other parts of your body? This means that it’s much more difficult to keep the skin on your hands hydrated, and cold weather only makes it harder on your hands. Keep your hand cream close by, and wear gloves when you’re outside.
- Use a humidifier with a heater. Space heaters will dry out your skin even more during the winter. Think cold, dry heat outside and then warm, dry heat inside. If you must turn on the space heater, use a humidifier to get more moisture into the air.
- Go for gentle peels. If you’re scheduling one of our skintastic cocktails, facials or peels, choose one that is going to hydrate and cleanse gently. Deep peels and more vigorous treatments might strip all of the oils from your face and draw moisture away from the skin – which is exactly what you want to avoid in winter weather.
- Don’t forget sunscreen! Even though the sun is further away during the winter, the possibility of sunburn and other sun damage on your skin is still quite high. Those harmful UV rays are out and about year-round! During the winter, you should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to protect your skin best. So, don’t forget to put on your sunscreen before you go outside, especially if you’ll be hitting the ski slopes.
If you want to schedule a hydrating, regenerative treatment at Kucumber Skin Lounge, just contact us to schedule your appointment or set up a free consultation.
Have a fabulous Valentine’s Day, and enjoy the rest of your winter!